What is the General Assembly?
Normally held every three years, the FSC General Assembly brings together many hundreds of leaders and decision-makers from Indigenous Peoples, environmentalists, businesses, and many others that make up FSC’s membership.
What happens at the General Assembly?
Members propose key changes to FSC policies through submitting, discussing and voting on motions. They also participate in discussions on a range of topics aimed at finding solutions for a responsible future of the world’s forests and the people and animals who inhabit them.
Why attend the FSC General Assembly?
The General Assembly is FSC’s highest decision-making body – meaning that key decisions related to the organization are made here. Attending the assembly gives members an opportunity to participate in this decision-making process as well as meeting hundreds of leaders and decision-makers from around the world.
- Engage with people who are co-creating solutions, transforming markets, and catalyzing change to help ensure Forests For All Forever
- Collaborate with others through side events and contribute directly towards shaping the future of responsible forest management solutions.
- Create connections with leaders and change-makers through social events and networking.
- Be inspired by success stories, case studies and innovative solutions to global climate and forest related challenges and opportunities.
- Gain diverse perspectives on key forest related topics through high-level keynote sessions.
Who can attend the General Assembly?
All FSC international members, FSC Staff, certificate holders, media and other interested stakeholders.
When does the FSC General Assembly take place?
The FSC General Assembly typically takes place every three years. The second part of the 2021-2022 general assembly took place as a hybrid event from 09-14 October 2022.
Where did the 2022 FSC General Assembly take place?
The in-person event took place at the Westin Hotel in Nusa Dua, Bali Indonesia and the online component took place through the online events platform.
What topics were presented and discussed?
The 2022 General Assembly is a hybrid event, what does that mean?
The 2022 general assembly took place as an in-person event with online components. This means that participants could choose to attend the event in-person at the Westin Hotel in Nusa Dua, Bali Indonesia, or through the online events platform.
How to register?
Registration for the 09-14 October General Assembly 2022 has closed. Join us for the 10th FSC General Assembly in 2025.
How to become a sponsor?
The 2022 FSC General Assembly would not have been possible without the generous support of our sponsors.
Please see our sponsorship information page here.