Are you eligible for the visa exemption to Bali?
Nationals from most of the countries located in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific get access to Bali visa-free for 30 days maximum. Yet, visa-free visits are still not possible for the citizens of 28 other countries, including Cameroon, Colombia, the two Congos (Democratic Republic of Congo and Republic of Congo), and Nigeria.
Please check this blog post on Indonesia visa requirements to see if your nationality is part of the visa-free list or if it requires a visa.
What do you need to travel to Bali?
Regardless of your country of origin, you will need to bring the following documents to Bali:
- a passport valid for 6 months minimum from the day you enter Indonesia;
- a passport with at least one complete blank page;
- proof of a return flight or onward flight out of Indonesia.
Be prepared to prove you have sufficient funds to stay in Indonesia for the duration of your visa as the immigration officer may ask for such proof.
Additionally, visitors from countries not eligible for the visa exemption must apply for their visa at Indonesian embassies or consulates in their home country or neighbouring countries.
Please note that…
- The visa exemption is valid for different travel purposes, including to give a lecture or attend a conference or seminar – which will be the case if you attend the general assembly – or for tourism. It does not include journalism, business and work visas.
- Your passport must be valid for six months, no exceptions. Indonesian authorities follow this rule very carefully so you will not be able to enter the country, even if your passport is still valid for five months and three weeks for instance.
- If you plan to stay for exactly 30 days: the Indonesian visa is counted per day, not per night: your first day and last day are included in the calculation. Even if you enter Bali at 11:55pm on 9 October, this complete day will be considered as Day 1 of your visa. The same goes for your departure day.
Please contact our general assembly team through this email address if you have other questions around this topic: email@example.com